Design is important, but people come to your site for its content. How does your content treat your visitors?Learn more
Microcontent is small-scale content. It usually acts as a label for content that isn’t yet visible on the screen. So it needs to work hard to communicate and connect with users.
Most web writers produce the following kinds of microcontent:
- Page titles (labels for pages linked in search results, shared on social media networks, listed in RSS feeds, saved in bookmarks or favorites, listed in a browser history or open in browser tabs)
- Meta descriptions (descriptions used in search results and on social media networks)
- Headlines (labels for items in a latest news or upcoming events list)
- Decks (one-sentence descriptions of headlines or links)
- Link text
- File names (that form part of a web address).
These 5 tips will help you improve your microcontent.
Continue reading “5 tips for writing better microcontent” »